How to get started developing with EPiServer CMS
I got a question in the mail today how to get started with EPiServer CMS as a developer. Here are my tips:
- Register at world.episerver.com with your work email address.
- Start by downloading and installing "EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP2" plus SDK on a machine with Visual Studio 2008 and IIS installed.
See the installation instructions that are linked on the download page.
- You generate demo licenses here: license.episerver.com
- Learn more in the Getting-Started section by watching video presentations and reading articles and tutorials.
- Take the basic developer training for EPiServer CMS (E2550).
- Get certified as EPiServer Developer after you have participated in 2-3 EPiServer projects. Read my certification tips.